Stay Cool This Summer
10 Tips to Beat the Summer Heat!!
1. Run cool water over the inside of your wrists.
2. If you live near some, drive up to the mountains. The higher you go, the cooler it gets.
3. Drink at least eight eight-ounce glasses of water per day – more if you’re very active.
4. Don’t exercise in the heat of the day – do it before 9 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
5. Set a bowl of ice water in front of a moving fan.
6. Wear loose, light-colored natural-fiber clothing.
7. Soak your feet in a plastic basin of cool (not cold) water.
8. Hang out in your basement – it’s usually at least 10 degrees cooler than upper floors.
9. Wear your hair up or short – most heat escapes from the top of your head.
10. Make your own portable evaporative cooler: wet down a white cotton towel and drape it around your neck.